Ways We Help
As you browse our website, you will notice that there is a strong dedication to senior and special needs Golden Retrievers. Our organization wants to be an advocate for these special dogs. The seniors enrich our lives and enrich each day with their wisdom; the special needs dogs enrich our lives each day with their gratitude and unconditional love.
Older dogs and special needs dogs find it particularly hard to survive once they are homeless. Shelters euthanize them because no one wants to adopt them; rescues hesitate to bring them into the organization because they tend to drain valuable resources.
GRINinc’s mission is to improve the ability of the United States 501c3 Golden Retriever rescues to provide care, comfort and homes for these special dogs through our GIFTED GOLDEN GRANT PROGRAM. The organizations that we support through our grants are chosen carefully.
What We Do and Why
The Funding Program
BASIC CRITERIA TO APPLY:
Your organization needs to:
• Be an IRS-recognized 501c3 Golden Retriever Rescue organization in the United States.
• Use the funding grant exclusively to benefit senior and special needs Golden Retrievers
• Have well-defined goals for helping these dogs, measured by a successful program and
registered with the Golden Retriever Club of America-National Rescue Committee
HOW TO APPLY:
The funding process consists of three steps. These steps are designed to help us
establish long –term relationships with the organizations that are making a real
difference for our seniors and special needs Goldens.
• Request a three page application from our organization by
• Complete and submit the application via email, mail or fax.
(Contact information is on the application.)
• GRINinc will verify that you are an IRS recognized 501c3 organization
in the U.S. we review adoption/care information, fundraising activities, and
• Complete page 3 of the application in order to apply for funding for a specific golden within the organization.
(Multiple dogs will be considered. Page 3 must be filled out for each individual dog).
PLEASE NOTE: A DIAGNOSIS OF HEARTWORM DISEASE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL SPECIAL NEEDS WHEN
APPLYING FOR A GRANT.
Once the application has been reviewed by our Board, we will determine whether the request will be granted. Upon approval, the organization will be notified via email and will receive the grant check promptly via U.S. mail. Each case will be reviewed on an individual basis. Rescues can continue to apply for future grants as often as applicable.